Dew Drops (A Montessori House of Children) was started in the year 1985 with an aim to impart basic Montessori education right from the onset. Dew Drops is one of the oldest Montessori houses of Kolkata. It follows the Montessori theory very strictly in the daily working.
In the year 1990 an additional branch was started in a self contained building at 27B, Dr. Rajendra Road, Kolkata – 700 020. Over the years both branches flourished and Dew Drops gained a reputation for promoting the right values in the child. The children were successfully placed in different reputed schools of Kolkata. Some of our ex-students are very well placed in life today.
1. The Montessori house has large well ventilated and brightly lit classrooms.
2. Airy and well protected terrace where the children spend their energy fruitfully.
3. Large state of the art dance studio, where cultural activities, practices for concerts, workshops, drama and dance are practiced.
4. Upto date Computer Lab with a number of branded computers.
5. Library from where the children get an ample opportunity to work individually.
6. An in-built swimming pool
7. A dining area for children to eat.
8. A separate observation room (CCTV) is especially created to see the little babies working in different classes on specific days for the parents without disturbing them.
9. The entire premises is spread over about 8000 sq.ft. consisting of four floors.
Dew Drops does not make any tall claims to being a very ultra-modern state of art school – we know and we can say with conviction that we lay utmost importance to the well-being and development of the child in totality.
Dew Drops is committed to providing a carefully planned, stimulating environment which will help children develop within themselves the fundamental habits, attitudes, skills, and ideas which are essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning.
The specific goals for children attending our Montessori House of Children are:
To develop a positive attitude towards education and learning.
To develop high self-esteem.
To build habits of concentration for life-long study skills.
To develop and foster an abiding curiosity.
To develop habits of initiative and persistence.
To foster inner discipline and a sense of order.
To develop sensory-motor skills in order to sharpen the ability to discriminate and judge their surroundings.
To develop socially acceptable behavior.
To acquire the basic skills necessary for a lifetime of learning.
To help develop each child's high self-expectations and confidence.